Saturday, May 24, 2008

May Long Weekend In Calgary.

Well, it's a week late, but here's the post about our May long weekend. I found out shortly before the weekend that my parents were heading to Calgary to see Berk, Christy and Ryder. My wonderful husband had to work nights on the weekend, so I decided to tag along with them to keep my self busy and have a fun weekend with the fam! And, boy, was it ever busy and fun! Sari did great in car on the way there and back. Chris and I invested in a DVD player for the car, so Elmo playing over and over again kept her occupied and busy. It was a life saver! I really don't know how our parents used to do it before all the new technology came out! :) Once in Calgary it was non-stop running after two toddlers...I lost 2 lbs., it was fabulous! It was so much fun watching Ryder and Sari interact and play with each other. I can't believe how different boys and girls are! Sari was a little chatter box who followed Ryder around trying to be as brave and rambunctious as him, but couldn't really keep up. It was very cute. Dinner time was especially funny. As you will see from the pictures below, we had to sit them side by side, because apparently they couldn't eat off their own tray, but had to eat off each others...whatever gets them to eat! We went to Heritage Park on Saturday morning, but unfortunately there wasn't a whole lot for kids as young as ours to do, so after two hours in the very high heat we decided to leave, without seeing anything, and take our very tired babies home. They slept all afternoon, which was great. Saturday evening was spent visiting with my Nan and Aunt. Sunday, our kids were up before 6:00 am, so by 9:00 am Christy and I had played outside with the kids and gone to the park. Needless to say, it was a very quiet day. All in all it was a great, but quick weekend. The kids had a blast, and as far as I know, so did the adults. It was great to see them and great to play with Ryder. I just wish that Chris could have been there as well. Enjoy the pictures below! They are so cute!

The kids having breakfast together.
Ryder thinking something is very funny!
Puffed wheat...yummy!
Sari trying on Ryder's new helmet.
Sari posing with her sun glasses. What a little model!
She is so cute!
Ryder loving the beach...he is such a little surfer dude!
Sari didn't like the beach so much, but she tried for her cousins sake!

1 comment:

Carrie (or Maybe Gord!) said...

Looks like the cousins had fun! I like the last picture of Sari...windy much? LOL