Sunday, May 24, 2009

Potty Training and Anxiously Awaiting...

Well, after about 3 weeks, potty training is still successful! We started the task of getting Sari peeing on the toilet about 3 weeks ago and she is still going! Our way of doing it...well, we cut out diapers completely except for one at nap time and one at bed time. There was a lot of wet pants and panties in the first few days, but after that she was a pro!! It took a while on the first day for her to get the courage to actually sit on the potty, but after we put a movie on for her and just let her sit there, it all came pouring out! We made such a big fuss over it and she was so proud of herself that it was easy after that. The trick was just getting her there before she tinkled in her pants! Doing #2 in the potty was a different story though. That didn't come until about 2 weeks later. She was terrified to poop in the toilet or her potty. So, we just decided to not push the situation but encourage her to do her business in the potty. The first time happened at Grandma and Grandpa Crowe's house though. Half in the bath tub and half in the toilet!! Again, we made such a big fuss about it, that after that it came easier and easier. Now every time that she does poop in the toilet she refers to it as cookie because she knows that's what she gets when she does go! What a little stinker! So, now bathroom time is easy! We still have a few accidents here and there, but that is to be expected. I guess the diapers while sleeping will come off when she's ready, but no rush there.

We have 3-1/2 weeks until the arrival of this baby....ahhhhh! I am really starting to not feel ready. At this stage with Sari everything was washed and put where it was supposed to go, with this one, her bedroom isn't even finished. I still have to go digging through all the bins in the basement to try and find all the baby stuff. I am however, more than ready to get this baby out! I am quite tired...literally, and tired of being pregnant. How our great grandparents did this 8 to 15 times is beyond me! We are looking forward to the arrival of our new little one and seeing Sari interact with a new baby in the house. I think that she is just excited for me to be her play mate again. Poor thing. She doesn't understand why I am tired all the time or why I can't run around the back yard with her. Soon enough though.

Anyway, that is really all that is new around the Potter home. Sorry no pictures today, but we will be sure to post some when we actually take some new ones! We will definitely keep everyone updated on when this new one arrives!

No comments: