Saturday, December 5, 2009

Happy December!

Isn't it nice that my husband finally put pictures on! It took awhile, but it was finally done.

I thought that I would update all of you on our girls seeing how there have been very few posts this past year and I need to start doing this more regularly.

Where do I start...well, I guess with Estella. She is getting big!! She is still not sleeping through the night. For the past week or so she has actually been getting up twice a night again, which makes me wonder if she goes through a growth spurt every two weeks, because that seems to be the average. She sleeps good for two weeks and then not for two weeks. I have stopped trying to figure her and her sleeping habits out. She will be my unpredictable child for sure! She is rolling over now as well. She started a couple of weeks ago and has been rolling ever since. I am really having to be aware of what toys are on the floor now because before I know it she is across the room. Sari has some toys with really small parts, so my day consists of telling her to put them away when she is done playing. As you can tell from the pictures, Estella also loves her jolly jumper. She squeals like you wouldn't believe in that thing. She definitely has a good set of lungs on her. When my sister was visiting I don't think she was really prepared for just how loud both of my children are! At times I just watched her sitting there with this very bizarre look on her face!! As unpredictable as Estella can be with her moods, she definitely is turning into a very happy child. Her huge smile will melt anybodys heart. She adores her sister. Anywhere that Sari is, Estella's eyes will follow. Like I said in the last post, Sari is still the only one that can make Estella laugh really hard. I really truly am blessed, because Sari doesn't really torment her sister either, at least not yet. She still refers to her as cute baby and tells Estella she loves her all the time. Estella is also on cereal now and taking it really well. I had tried it just over a month ago, and she wasn't quite ready yet, so I stopped it for a month and then tried it again. Second time was a charm! I am thinking that fruit and veggies are going to come within a couple of weeks. That should be interesting!

Sari is still the same happy and very outgoing child that she has always been. Never fear that she won't talk to you or introduce you to her whole family if you ever meet her on the street! She will definitely be a leader in life, not a follower. She just seems to be growing up so fast. I really want life to slow down a bit. Pretty soon she will be 3 and going to pre-school. I can't handle it! Sari is soooo excited about Christmas, not that I really think she understands that it is a real day or anything. We have been doing Christmas crafts, reading Christmas books and watching Christmas movies so that she can understand a little better this year as to what is going on and what the season is all about. She knows who baby Jesus is and who Santa is now. I bought the kids a Little People Nativity Advent calendar, so she has been learning the true meaning of Christmas through that and a book I bought her and learning about Santa through everything else. It seems like Santa is everywhere and Jesus only in a few spots...typical. She was so excited to decorate the tree this year. The morning we did decorate Chris and I found it hard to not get frustrated because she was so excited and not listening and on the verge of breaking everything. We tried really hard to just understand that she is 2 and only really excited and leave it at that. We did pretty good. Now every night before bed Sari wants to sit in the living room where the Christmas tree is, drink her milk and cuddle just looking at the tree. It melts my heart. I can hardly wait for Christmas morning! I am very ahead of the game this year, the presents are all bought and wrapped. No stress this Christmas season!

Chris is working hard as usual, but taking more time off as it is a busy month. We have been painting some walls and changing a few light fixtures, but nothing serious. We have great plans for the family room, office and bathroom downstairs after Christmas. It is very exciting for us! I am heading back to work at Holt Renfrew next Saturday. I am only doing 4 shifts this month, nothing serious. I am excited to put on a pound of makeup, do my hair and put on some pretty clothes again! I am looking forward to getting out of the house a little more. I am only going to continue on at Holts as casual though. I am enjoying being at home with the kids, especially now that Estella is a little happier.

Well, that's it. Expect more pictures and posts this month. December is an exciting month and I'm sure there is going to be more to update you all on in the coming weeks. I hope you all enjoy your Christmas season and the joy that it brings. Have a great Christmas to you all!

No comments: