Monday, July 9, 2007

What A Great Weekend!

We had a very fun filled and special weekend this past weekend. It started out by Grandma and Grandpa Potter coming for a visit bringing along cousin Ben. They arrived Saturday afternoon. We had a great time. Ben learned how to "make" corn...meaning, he learned how to shuck corn. We had a nice evening cooking a great meal and enjoying each others company. Sunday was a day to remember. Chris and I had Sari dedicated on Sunday. Friends of ours, (some of you might remember them from our wedding) Mark and Sherridan Anderson, along with their little girl, Hailey, came over to my parents and Mark performed and very sweet and special dedication ceremony. It was perfect! We had all the immediate family there that was able to make it and a few of our closest friends. It was small and intimate, just like we wanted. God has blessed us so amazingly with Sari that we wanted to publicly thank him and acknowledge the amazing responsibility that he has blessed us with, also asking his hand on her for the rest of her life. Mark did a wonderful job and we just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU!! The service was followed by a very yummy brunch. We all stuffed ourselves silly and enjoyed each others company for a good part of the afternoon. Thanks to my mom and dad for allowing the use of their house for this! We even managed to get 4 generation pictures on both Chris and my side of the family!

Sari is doing wonderful. We have started to change things up a bit in her routine that she is adapting to, but not necessarily liking very much. As I have said in previous postings, my little girl doesn't like to sleep for long periods of time during the day, but I accept it because she sleeps a lot at night. Well, for the first 3 months of her life I would generally rock her to sleep and put her down anywhere that she would stay asleep. That has all changed. I now put her in her crib and zip her into her sleep sack when she is showing the signs of being tired. She hates it and cries but will eventually cry herself to sleep. Don't worry, I don't leave her all afternoon or anything! What else...hmmm...she is starting to notice and grab for things in front of her now. She enjoys playing on the floor more now and having the room to kick around. She is getting to be so strong! She already will, once in a while, try to roll over. She doesn't quite make it, but gets and 'A' for effort! She is growing way to quickly. I was going through her clothes the other day and was putting the stuff that is already to small on her into a storage bin. I have to admit, I was getting a little sad and having a little bit of separation anxiety. I just can't believe that she has already grown out of the stuff we had for her when she came home from the hospital. Time flies.

Enjoy the pictures below!







Just thought this one was cute!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow...soooo cute. and shorty, you look awesome!!!

a. hethro